History of Couch and Associates, Inc.
Couch and Associates, Inc. (CAI) began as Campus Attractions in 1962. Folded into what is currently Malaco Records, the company came under its present day management in 1985. As Campus Attractions, this management represented the majority of the acts playing on SEC campuses. At that time CAI worked as the exclusive agent for Better Than Ezra as well as the Hightops, a band whose members spun off to form Wilco (John Stiratt) and Blue Mountain (Cary Hudson). As the company evolved, CAI became more focused on the social scene. In addition to this, CAI also nurtured its position in the Blues community, managing Dorothy Moore and working closely with Blues Festivals and events throughout the country. With industry links to Malaco Records, Waldoxy Records and international touring blues acts, CAI has a strong music industry presence. Because of the expansion into the business of booking bands on the social scene as well as managing and booking artists in the Blues community, CAI adapted by changing its business name to Couch and Associates, Inc. CAI has been providing music and entertainment not only for weddings, corporate events, banquets, fundraisers and collegiate functions all over the South but also to the Blues community internationally.
What We Do
For most people, booking entertainment is a new and unfamiliar experience. It is not rocket science; however, it does take a general knowledge of the local music scene and an exhaustive list of contacts. Because of the experience that comes with time, literally decades, and business associations that have come through its affiliation with Malaco Records and Malaco Recording Studios, CAI has this exhaustive list of contacts. We book only the very best and most professional musicians. We will help you find the right band for the right situation; we work to be sure that your band gets there on time, ready to play exactly what you want, how you want it.
How We Work With You
You may have a specific band or specific style of music in mind; or you may need some direction in figuring out exactly what you do want and need. You may have a limited budget to which you must adhere. At CAI, here are some of the things we will discuss to work through all of your needs and come up with exactly the right band for your event:
- Music - Do you have a specific band or style of music in mind?
- Date - Is the date of your event set or is it flexible at this point?
- Budget - Be prepared to have a general figure of how much money you want to spend.
- Time - What time will the event begin? How long do you anticipate needing the entertainment? When do you want the band to be set up?
- Logistics - How large or small is the space? What are the electrical requirements? Is there a stage?
- Outdoor/Indoor - If the entertainment is going to be outside, is there an indoor alternative in case of rain?
- How are we paid? - The band pays us a small commission for finding and setting up the event for them. You will not pay more for a band by booking them through us.
Once we have discussed all of this and addressed any concerns you may have, we will work together to select from a list of bands that meet your criterion.